Several weeks ago I accidentally (there really aren’t any accidents in life are there?) stumbled upon a new line of skincare via Instagram. What captured my interest most was that the company uses all natural, organic ingredients, no fillers, zero chemicals and everything is vegan, non-toxic, never tested on animals and is gentle for even the most sensitive skin. On top of that they use the most amazing high quality oils like sea buckthorn, argan oil, meadowfoam oil and lavender, calendula and more. The company I discovered is Luminance Skincare and all of their products are hand-crafted no produced in a factory. After taking a peek at their website to further probe into the ingredient lists, I knew I just had to try their products as I use only natural and organic skincare, cosmetics and other personal care items such as shampoos right down to my toothpaste. What I also found pretty amazing is that their price points are so very reasonable for the luxurious ingredients they use, I was actually a bit surprised after the price I’ve paid for so many other natural skin care products. After corresponding just as we began the new year, we decided to collaborate and today’s post is a result of their generosity in providing me with not just one product to try but their entire core line from cleanser and toner to moisturizer and gentle exfoliating mask.
When I begin any new skincare regimen, I typically try not to mix a bunch of different brands together at the same time to avoid any ingredients mixing that shouldn’t be. I also like to test the product(s) out for not just a couple days but a few weeks consecutively to see how it varies from what I was using previously and most importantly how my skin reacts to the formulations. Below is the little instruction guide that came in my box of products
Now that I’ve tried everything for a couple weeks I’m really excited to share with you my experience with Luminance! When I first received my package I couldn’t wait to smell each one and test it out first on the back of my hand. I do that with everything as I have somewhat sensitive skin and don’t want to have redness or irritation on my face if I can help it. The scent of each product is so light and natural, I could tell based on that alone that the ingredients were pure.
1. Delicate Facial Cleanser-Because of its natural composition, separation does occur so you have to give it a quick little shake before use-that’s a good thing! I love that it has a pump sprayer. I personally found two generous pumps of cleanser sprayed into my hand along with a bit of water lathered up gently was all I needed to make my skin feel satiny smooth and clean thanks to skin-loving oils. The scent is very clean and gentle. At first I kept it away from my eye area worried it might sting as some natural soaps can do but then as time went on I experimented around my under eye area and it turned out to be perfect for my sensitive eyes.
2. Rosewater Toner-Firstly, the scent of rosewater is just so feminine and it smells lovely. I apply about 3-4 generous pump sprays of toner into the palm of my hand and pat it on my already damp face and neck vs. spraying it directly onto my face, I found that worked best and is what was recommended. Compared to a previous toner I was using, this one left my skin feeling clean without any residue and helps keep my skin balanced.
3. Nourishing Facial Serum-I asked the company about this formulation as I didn’t want a heavy, greasy feel and also wondered if it could be used around the eye area. I was recommended to use it on really dry days or at night, meant for the face and neck. At first I just applied it to my neck area but as our Florida weather got drier and cooler recently, I found my skin thirsty and craving extra moisture especially at night when we had the heat running. I applied it first, then the moisturizing cream on top afterwards. There have been a few days where I’ve used it during the day under the moisturizing cream too and it has never been too heavy, my skin just looks an feels more youthful. I’ve used it under my eye area too before moisturizing. This serum really didn’t have a particular scent, it’s pretty neutral.
4. Deep Hydration Facial Moisturizer-This is probably my favorite product of the entire line. The fragrance reminds me of chamomile tea, it’s so light and gentle. The formulation is heavenly! When I first tried it on the backs of my hands to experiment first, I was amazed at how wonderfully it moisturized my hands and made them so silky. I didn’t want to waste this cream though on my hands and immediately the next morning tried it on my skin after cleansing. It has a slightly different feel than my previous moisturizer that took a couple days to get used to (nothing unusual, just the normal feeling of trying something new). I could see a difference in my skin after the first couple days. I’ve had a pronounced line in between my brows for years as well as several forehead wrinkles that I really don’t like and it helped soften those and make them less noticeable. Since I had such great results, I decided to use it instead of my regular under eye cream. It provided extra moisture in an area of recent concern to me (fine lines under my eyes) which is something that developed now that I’m in my 30’s. I use it on my face, neck and decolote area. The formulation is thick so a little goes a long way but it’s not too heavy, it’s perfect for both morning and nighttime use. When it’s applied you can use it sparingly but it doesn’t feel greasy or oily, just supple and moisturized and a bit dewy-LOVE that!
5. Papaya Enzyme Exfoliant Facial Mask-Another product that I loved first by trying it out on the backs of my hands and now enjoy the results of a gentle peel/exfoliation that doesn’t involve gritty bits, scratchy polishes or anything rough that will damage my skin, cause redness or broken capillaries which some can do. Instead, this is a cool, light gel that gets applied for 5-10 minutes and then washed off with warm water. I tend to use this one in the evening so that my moisturizer can absorb better after any unwanted older layers of skin are gone, it’s also when I have a bit more time to pamper my skin as I’m not busy chasing a busy toddler around the house.
I can honestly say that I look forward to using these products every morning after I shower. I highly recommend this line to anyone who is looking for a completely natural and gentle skincare regimen that truly moisturizes skin and balances it out properly (whereas many products actually destroy the skin’s natural pH balance causing it to become dry and actually produce too much oil). I found that Luminance restored my skin’s natural balance after going through some hormonal outbreak issues that I’m still trying to resolve after the birth of my daughter. My skin’s texture overall has felt smoother (velvety really), with fewer visible lines, less irritation and more moisturized in our current drier weather. I love knowing that ingredients like kukui oil, tamarind seed and rosehips are used and pure essential oils instead of something in a lab filled with chemicals. I know this line is safe for not only myself but for my daughter too as she is always touching my face and kissing me. I also really love that everything is packaged in glass.
Best of all, Luminance wants you to love your skin too so they’re offering a discount to all Classy Woman readers who decide to try out their introductory gift box for just $20 instead of the regular $35. Just use code: CLASSYWOMAN at checkout. This would make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift to yourself, a hint to your special someone or a gift for your significant other. Guys have to keep their skin looking great too. 🙂
A very special thank you to Luminance Skincare for their generosity and encouraging me to use their products for a couple weeks to truly experience them.
Thanks for Reading!
*All skincare products are c/o Luminance however all thoughts, product experiences and opinions are my own.